Friday, January 4, 2013

Just Around the Riverbend

I often think in song. Phrases and choruses ring through my head at random moments of the day. Whether it's riding on the escalator at the mall to "Movin' On Up" from The Jeffersons or in the midst of a serious moment, thinking of "I Love to Laugh" from Mary Poppins, tunes ring through me and often pop out for the random passerby to enjoy. :) 

As for today, a song from the Disney movie Pocahontas is the winner. It goes something like this:

What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing
But people, I guess, can't live like that
We all must pay a price
To be safe, we lose our chance of ever knowing
What's around the riverbend
Waiting just around the riverbend


You see, I am fascinated by what is around the corner. I love that random road where you can't see over the hill and you never have the opportunity to drive down so you are filled with wonder.




I'm a curious person by nature, but if I only wonder and never explore...where does that leave me? Stuck? Stifled? Never satisfied? 

So every once in awhile, I like to satisfy those wonderings and follow a rabbit trail...whether it is a physical path to follow, a concept to research, finding out the correct lyrics to some song that I know I've sung wrong for years. Whatever it may be, I think the wonderings keep life interesting and exciting and keep me moving forward, ever growing. 


"And then I realized adventure was the best way to learn." 
Author unknown



2 comments:

  1. "...And so she begins..." Blessings on your journey, Songbird. I'm applauding those new wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! And I just love your photos!

    ReplyDelete